With "Creation and Challenge" and "Appreciation and Trust" as the management philosophy,Yamada Denki has constantly conducted innovation for the growth of the company and the development of a sustainable social environment.
We will further endeavor to maximize the synergy effect among the Yamada Denki Group as an IoT company with the largest service network in Japan.
Now we are in third start-up period, and will continue social and environmental contributions through our business and efforts to enhance our corporate value.
Table of Contents
- Management Philosophy and ESG-related Initiatives
- History of Value Creation
- Process of Enhancing Corporate Value
- Financial and Non-Financial Highlights
- Economic Performance
- Relationship with Shareholders and Investors
- Major Financial Data for 10 Years
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Consolidated Profi t and Loss Statement / Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income / Consolidated Statement of Shareholders' Equity
- Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows
Outline of the Medium-term Business Plan
- Outline of the Medium-term Business Plan
- Eight Concrete Measures for Structural Reform
Yamada Denki Group
- Outline of the Yamada Denki Group
- Environmental Conservation Activities
- Reduction of Environmental Impact throughout the Product Lifecycle
- Environmental Conservation Activities by Group Companies
Relationship with Customers
- Efforts to Improve Customer Satisfaction
Relationship with Employees
- Efforts to Improve Employee Satisfaction
Social Contribution Activities
- Social Contribution Activities
Governance and Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- CORPORATE REPORT 2017
The Yamada Denki Group has issued CSR Reports to disclose information concerning its social responsibility and has continuously fulfilled its accountability, while promoting mutual communication with stakeholders.
In line with the trend in European countries to adopt integrated reporting (integrating financial and nonfi nancial information), we have published the Yamada Denki Group Corporate Report, which also contains the content of conventional CSR Reports, since 2016 as a comprehensive communication tool integrating company fi nancial and non-fi nancial information, while referring to the International Integrated Reporting Framework publicized by the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC).
The CSR activities especially attracting stakeholders' attention, such as those relating to ESG, are introduced in this report and are also available on our website. We are committed to achieving our corporate philosophy through business activities and contributing to the creation of a sustainable society.
CSR Promotion Offi ce, Yamada Denki Co., Ltd.
370-0841, 1-1, Sakae-cho, Takasaki-City, Gunma
[Scope of Activities Covered by the Report]
This report generally covers the entirety of the Yamada Denki Group, but some of the data show only the activities of Yamada Denki Co., Ltd.
[Period Covered by the Report]
Data are mainly for the period between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 and some signifi cant information available after April 2017 is additionally included.
[Issued Date] June 2017
[Guidelines Referred to]
"Sustainability Reporting Guidelines (ver. 4)" (GRI*) and "International Integrated Reporting Framework" (IIRC)
* GRI: Global Reporting Initiative . International organization established in 1997 for the purpose of creating global guidelines for reports on sustainability issued by companies
Information stated in this report, except for historical facts, is based on various presumptions and premises we made as of March 31, 2017. By its nature, this information is not guaranteed to turn out to be true in the future, and there may possibly be a signifi cant gap from actual outcomes or the information itself may be objectively incorrect, which may be caused by a number of factors leading to uncertainties and risks. Contained future plans, numerical goals, and measures are not necessarily guaranteed to be achieved or implemented. Actual performance may differ from planned numerical goals depending on changes in the business environment or other diverse uncertain factors. This report aims to merely provide information and is not intended to be used for soliciting investments. Offi cers and employees of Yamada Denki Co., Ltd. and other group companies assume no responsibility for any direct, indirect or secondary damage or loss resulting from the use of this report or arising from the content thereof.